Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5 More Days to Spain!!


Every trip has a beginning and ours really started a couple of years ago when Jodi said to me that Richard and her wanted to go with us the next time we took a Mediterranean cruise. Anyone that knows me, knows that all you have to do is suggest travel and I start looking into how to make it happen. What started out as cruise has now expanded to a week on land , the cruise , several days on the beach in San Sabastian , and the San Fermin Festival in Pamplona. I really should not be given so much time to plan , because we are going to do it all!! After three weeks of fun, I am going to stay and walk another part of the Camino de Santiago ( the way of St James) . I have always wanted to wander Europe for a month and this year is the first ( I hope of many ) that I will be gone 5 weeks. I could not be more excited!!
Preparing for a trip for me is part of the experience and I have had a ball researching small B&B's and what to do and where to eat. I keep a travel journal so that if I want to visit again, I can remember how to find it and to also write down the unexpected things we find. I am blogging about our experiences, so that I can share our pictures and our thoughts with you , so that you feel like you are there . I travel because I have to see the world, to taste it's flavors and to see the history. It recharges me to know that others have come before me and I am awed when I walk the cobblestones of cities like Pompeii and imagine how it felt to walk those same streets so many years ago. So , I hope you will follow our journey and enjoy places you may not have seen before. We fly from Tampa to DC on Sunday and then from DC to Madrid. I have been counting days and now I am counting the hours!!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I hope to be able to visit Spain soon, too! Excited to read about your trip on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you visit there Starr- we will save all of our info on the great places we find to eat and any out of the way places that you must see. I am always happy to share our travel tips , so the next person has a fuller experience and can make the most of their time abroad. Love you Starr- we will take you with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete