Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last minute details.



We leave tomorrow morning and we are almost ready to close up the suitcases. Bill and I each have a carry on bag and I have a back pack for the second leg of my trip for when I will be back packing with Gigi on the Camino de Santiago. The first leg of the trip we will be with Jodi and Richard . We have been friends for 20 + years. We met when we both started a new job at Warren's Florist and Gifts where she still works ( only now it is just a boutique). We have worked together had babies together, shared sorrow and joy . She is a true friend and a blessing. She also has never been to Europe and this will be her first stamp in her passport. I have kidded her for years that I have a bucket list planned for her designed to take her out of her comfort zone!!! Despite all of her original fears- I think she is more excited than I am . When we land in Madrid , we will wait for our next flight to take us to Malaga- pick up a car and drive ourselves to Casares . We will arrive there Monday afternoon and our first hotel is at www.hotelhermitage.es It is a beautiful small boutique hotel nestled in the hillside overlooking the Costa del Sol of Spain. The most common question I have been asked is how do you pack for a 5 week vacation. First there are more restrictions to fly with in Europe- Each bag cannot weigh more than 35 lbs and if you carry two bags - they cannot weigh more than 50 lbs together- or you pay 10.00 a lb that you are over. Pretty steep incentive to stay under the weight limit. My bag for the first leg is 28 lbs and my back pack is 18 ( 46 lbs total) . So I should be good. I try to scale down a little more each time I travel. Would love to get it down even more but it is the shoes that always get me in trouble !! I currently have 5 pairs packed!! Jodi said she doesn't feel so bad now- she packed 7. Completely reasonable- lol! Last night before our big adventure- printing boarding passes, going over the house rules with James and cleaning out the refrigerator. Almost time to leave all that behind and just be. Can't wait!!

1 comment: